Sunday, August 4, 2013

Dinner in a Hat

So pretty much everyone that is ever going to read this blog ever has had the dinner dilemma.  That time when you look at each other and say "so what do you want for dinner". For those of you that are single and haven't experienced this yet that is code for "i'm don't like what you bought at the store, what in the hell do you suggest im make out of it." So after one of these nights i came up with the Dinner in a Hat game.

Rather argue and end up with frozen pizza quickly inventory the fridge and pantry. Once you have right down every kind of meat, veggie and starch you have on pieces of paper. I made sure I included Spam to ensure we wouldn't have to play this every night. Fold the papers and place in a hat one food group at a time.Then make your spouse pick out dinner.

I must admit we did not stick with the first we ended up with Shrimp with mixed veggies and potatoes. I was determined to make it work however my wife thought better. I confess there was not much of a fight put up about that and the second go around we ended up with Pork, Corn, and Rice. Next time i think I'll save paper and right Iowa, everyone know Iowa means corn and pigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment